1. SCOPE AND CONTACT
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to browse our websites.
However, if you wish to request further information, contact us, complete any surveys, or provide content for inclusion on our websites, we will collect certain data, including personal data. The data we will collect may include:
- name, address, business phone number(s), email address;
- any other information that you submit to us.
We may receive the above information directly from you, or from your colleague or corporate contact who registers for a subscription or event on your behalf.
Please note that not all of the information we request is mandatory to provide you with the service. You are not required to provide any optional information.
In addition, we may automatically collect information about any website that you came from or are going to. We also collect information about the pages of our websites which you visit, the links you click on, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access our websites. Some of this information is aggregated and is not used to identify you, but we also use analytics software on our websites which allows us to link information about your use of our websites back to you, where you have logged into your account. .We may observe your use of our websites, whether you open emails we have sent to you and/or events that you attend and your activities at those events (such as the exhibitors you interact with). We may infer and derive certain information from these observations such as what additional brands, subscriptions and events you or a user similar to you may be interested in. This information will be used for our own internal and marketing purposes.
3. HOW WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED AND SHARED?
The personal information we collect allows us to:
- aggregate information about you with other users to better understand what services our users will be interested in;
- meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- monitor and analyse the use of any account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime;
- gather information to form statistical and trend analysis including to monitor user demographic and to improve our products, services, events and marketing practices;
- monitor your use of our services to build up customer profiles (including through use of analytics software) to help us identify content and marketing materials which will be of interest to you and other customers like you;
- communicate with you including responding to your enquiries;
- investigate any complaints about our website;
- personalise your experience of our website
We may share your personal information with our affiliate companies and their brands for the above purposes.
We may employ the services of third party service providers to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, maintenance, call centre operation and the operation of events. In some cases the third party may receive your personal data. However, at all times, we will control and be responsible for the use of your personal data and we will endeavour to ensure that our service providers are bound by contractual obligations to only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
We may use aggregated information so we can administer and improve our website, analyse trends and gather broad demographic information and detect suspicious or fraudulent transactions. We may pass this information to third parties. In most cases this information will be anonmyised, meaning that you will not be able to be identified from it.
We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal data. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- in the administration of justice; or
- where we have to defend ourselves legally.
4. SALE OF THE BUSINESS
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s advisers and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
5. TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EEA
We may transfer some of your personal information to the United States of America to Singapore and to Australia as we have affiliates in these jurisdictions. We may also transfer some of your personal information to countries in which we hold events, including the United States of America, Spain, the Netherlands and Hong Kong. In addition, we and service providers processing personal data on our behalf, transfer personal data to servers outside the EEA including in the Untied States of America and India or storage purposes. These countries may not have equivalent data protection legislation to the UK. However, when we transfer your personal information in this way we will endeavour to ensure that adequate measures are in place to keep your personal data secure, including via standard contractual clauses and Privacy Shield. .
Our site contains links to other websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your personal information.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- a right of access to your personal data held by us;
- a right to receive your personal data in machine-readable format;
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing you damage or distress;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means (including profiling for the purposes of marketing);
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
These rights can be exercised by contacting us at email@example.com. In order to protect you, we reserve the right to verify your identity before processing any such request.
If you are unsure about your rights or are concerned about how your personal data may be processed you should contact your national data protection regulator. In the UK this will be the Information Commissioner's Office.
If you contact us in relation to your rights we will do our best to accommodate your request or objection. Please note, however, that not all rights are absolute.
9. UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may review, correct, update or change your personal information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Often, where you have signed up for an online account on one of our websites you can also amend you details via that online account.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
As a reminder, if you have any questions about this statement or your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.